Monday 28 January 2008

When does a silence become a radio silence?

I've been feeling a bit guilty for not contributing more to my blog of late; it's been about a week since my last entry. But given my (decreasing) scepticism to blogging, I'm still not sure how frequently you're meant to blog. I'm balanced between fear of failure and self-indulgence...

Of course, different blogs are updated at different times, for different reasons, caused by differing motivations, but this Catch 22 predicament I've managed to create for myself is a bit like a contact stratgy. Am I spamming the customer? Are they feeling loved enough? Do they find what we send them interesting? (Do I have any customers!?!)

Which is why making the brand/customer relationship two-way is so important. Unless the brand (or blog) gets adequate feedback (and shows sufficient interest to encourage more) you're never really going to know. The current trend for "creating conversations" seems painfully obvious in this light.

Doesn't really help my posting deliberation much though... Luckily Uncle Seth always has an interesting answer.

Either way, I think I need some loyal readers before I need to worry about p*ssing them off!