Thursday 3 January 2008

Biting the bullet...

OK, to be honest I've always been a bit of resistor when it comes to blogging. I liked reading other blogs out there, but always found the concept of my own a little self-indulgent and egotistical. Maybe I was just worried that nobody would read it! But anyway, in the spirit of New Year I've decided to bite the bullet and get cracking under the guise of it being vaguely work related!

This is meant to be a bit of a self-made library in all honesty. A handy tool to save anything interesting, relevant or just, well, cool that I might want to fish out at a later date (when cool may actually become relevant!). But, to anybody that stumbles across these ramblings, a little about myself...

My name's Simon Gregory, I'm from Liverpool and I work in London. I work for an integrated direct marketing/advertising agency (depending on who's asking) as a planner and have worked, in the majority, on Mercedes-Benz and 3 mobile (mostly DM and digital). I've been in the industry for around 2 years and am still at my first agency. This is getting cringesome already...

Well good blogs are meant to be succinct and useful so I'll sign off with my current sources of blogging inspiration (in case I need them later):

Seth's blog
Amelia Torode's blog
Fallon blog
Rory Sutherland
TomPeters!